Great things about OBX in no particular order:
1. it feels über remote and special (the closest airport is 2 hours away in Norfolk, VA).
2. it’s a skinny strip of land off of North Carolina, in some parts you can see views of the bay and ocean on either side of you.
3. my family’s rental house in Pine Island: spacious, airy, tons of windows, huge bathroom, balconies, a hammock, ocean view…
4. eating grilled cheese after a morning on the beach. you’re a little crispy. it’s a little crispy.
5. seeing a dolphin!!!
6. letting that summer sun glow be the only make-up you need.
7. seafood! lotsa crab in my tum.
8. body boarding in the Atlantic. it’s a thrill!
9. that small town feel. especially in the historic district of Corolla where we get BBQ from a little shack (see below).
10. living in my bathing suit.
11. reading books (or kindles)! no computers at the beach!
12. the house is upside down. kitchen/family room at the top, bedrooms at the bottom.
13. cocktails! you best believe I hand squeezed that margarita lime juice for my fam! and dad stirred some classy boulevardiers.
14. mom and dad wake up way before me so the coffee has already been made!
15. my whole family (mom, dad, grandmom, willyman) loves it and is together, and that is the ultimate cozy boat my friends.